On May 11, 2013, I will be running in the 2013 Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon as a member of Team ASPCA, a national fundraising and marathon training program. I am excited to be participating as a member of Team ASPCA and honored to be raising the awareness and the much needed funding to support the ASPCA’s programs.
As part of my fundraising efforts, I’m parting with some of my own Tom Bihn bags via eBay’s Giving Works charity fundraising program.
I am donating 100 percent (every penny) of the funds raised towards the ASPCA—so if you’ve been thinking of grabbing some of these items, please consider putting in a bid. Here’s what I’ve posted:
This is an extremely rare Western Flyer, as Tom Bihn no longer offers this color combination.
This is an older model Western Flyer. It’s basically identical to the Navy/Solar model except that the front bottle pocket is open and doesn’t have a zipper. This is a little more convenient for getting to for some people.
In addition, I’m also auctioning off:
- Tom Bihn Horizontal Freudian Slip Bag Insert Organizer in Black/Solar
- Tom Bihn Medium Cafe Bag in Black with older style soft strap
- Tom Bihn Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi
- Tom Bihn Smart Alec Backpack in Black
- Tom Bihn Synapse Blackpack in rare Steel/Solar Dyneema
You can also view these all in one page.
These auctions end this coming Saturday, April 13.
In addition to these auctions, you can also simply donate directly via my fundraising page.
Your tax-deductible donation will help the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals continue to provide local and national leadership in three key areas: caring for pets and pet parents, providing positive outcomes for at-risk animals and serving victims of animal cruelty. The ASPCA is very important to me and I appreciate your help as we fight to end animal cruelty, homelessness and neglect.
I am doing this race in honor of my cat Pixel. Pixel was a rescue–when I first met her, she was just a little black dot, a scared abandoned kitten who was found alone in a gas station parking lot. The moment I held her, my heart melted and I knew I wanted to keep her safe and warm, raise her and care for her. Since then, Pixel has become a healthy and loving cat. But there are so many cats and dogs who still need our help.
Your donation could help in so many ways:
– $20 could feed an abandoned dog or cat for 3 weeks
– $35 could vaccinate 10 homeless dogs and cats
– $50 could provide a medical exam for both a puppy and a kitten
– $100 could help spay/neuter a homeless dog or cat
– $250 could fund collars and leashes for the adoption of 40 dogs and cats rescued by the ASPCA
– $300 could fund the vaccinations of 25 rescue dogs to be placed for adoption
If you have any furry friends or have ever adopted a shelter animal, won’t you please consider supporting me by bidding on my auctions or making a donation? We can help make such a positive impact in the lives of animals living in my community. No amount is too small!
If you work for a larger company, your employer might have a matching-contribution program as well, doubling your impact!